Like many young adults who were too realistic to follow the steps of Mark Zuckerberg, Evan Spiegel or _______ (insert your fave techpreneur), I found myself struggling with what exactly to major in. My aha-moment came upon enrolling in Special Events Planning and Marketing class I took at Langara College.
and that's how it all started
My job was to build hype and social media presence around Upintheair Theatre's upcoming theatre festival called rEvolver Festival while promoting our class' efforts to raise money for theatre activities. This included creating relevant and engaging content and promoting it on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. I went above and beyond while having the time of my life which lead to internship offer from Upintheair Theatre founders Dave and Dan. I continued pouring my heart into each image I created, into each post I sent out while connecting with audience. This resulted in organic follower increase of 500% and record-breaking ticket sale for rEvolver Festival that year. Everything I do is fuelled by passion and curiosity. I believe that the work is as important as the pleasure we get from doing it and I'm very lucky I finally found my calling.
What I've Achieved
- Founded the most popular Langara College club aka Langara Digital Club in 2016.
- Co-founded Vancouver's leading K-pop events agency, Soju Events in 2016.
- Co-organized, promoted and moderated Langara College's first digital panel.
- Grew Upintheair Theatre's Instagram audience by 500% within 2 months and contributed to rEvolver Festival's record-breaking ticket sales.
- Was accepted to Leaders of Tomorrow - Greater Vancouver Board of Trade program designed for top post-secondary students.
- Earned Airbnb Superhost badge in 3 months by consistently exceeding expectations.
- Placed third at Langara's IDEA 2013 Business Case Competition.
- Represented Smartbite Snacks at industry-leading expos such as CHFA, UNFI West and UNFI East, Gluten Free Expo and Veg Expo.
- Nominated for and soon to be featured on www.thisislangara.ca - a website that recognizes outstanding student activists and achievers involved in exciting projects that reshape Langara culture and incentivize other students
what I've Mastered
- Major and emerging social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, Tumblr, LinkedIn and Snapchat
- Adobe Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- DSLR photography, styling, composition and retouching
- Microsoft Office: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint
- WordPress, Tumblr, Squarespace and HTML
- Hootsuite dashboard and scheduling
- Events planning, promotion and execution
- Engaging content creation with deep understanding of best design practices
- Connecting with social media audience on a deeper level by getting to know the faces behind the screen, tailoring social media content and responding to social media engagement
WHAT I'VE STUDIED
- Langara College | Bachelor's Degree in Marketing Management
- University of California, Davis | Online Course in Search Engine Optimization
- University of the Arts London | Online Course in Fashion Marketing
- Università Bocconi | Online Course in Management of Fashion and Luxury Companies